POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB] : Re: Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why don't you go home (final) [~210 kB]
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 11 Jun 2008 11:20:00
Message: <web.484febb4f97e4e85a8888d90@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> Once in a while I finish a long-running wip scene ...

> Hope you like it.
>
> Thomas

Truly splendid! Not to be dismissive of the scene's technical merits, which are
also noteworthy, I would like to take a few moments to praise the aesthetic,
compositional and story-telling aspects of the image, which IMHO, set it apart
from and above a number of other images which are also technically impressive.

I don't know whether you've had formal education in composition or were simply
born with "the gift", but it is *SO* nice to see the potential of ray tracing
realized in images wherein the various "objects" are arranged and detailed to
set a mood and tell a story.  I would never name names or criticize an
individual image that someone has worked hard on in this manner, BUT - I've
lost track of the number of times I have had a bifurcated reaction to an image:
Technically, "Wow!" - and to everything else, "Why?" Images like this one really
help to demonstrate that POV-Ray provides a means for real creative expression,
not merely simulating various optical conditions. Bravo!

Best Regrds,
Mike C.